Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter is here!

I spose technically winter has been here a while...but it didn't come to me this year. If it's raining in December, it's not winter. It's just an extention of fall and spring. When I stepped off the plane into -30 in Fairbanks though I realized a few things. One, it was winter, obviously. Two, I had forgotten what cold was.

Being home has been fantastic so far. It's been a long time since I've tripped over toy dinosaurs, or had to wait for the bathroom because an entire line of little people are waiting to brush their teeth. Mom still cooks far better than I do, && I don't critique her. Mainly because I still like to eat. With my teeth.

I have done a lot of cooking though. To my lil people I'm a bit of a celebrity. Someone who has gone into the great unknown and returned. College may as well be another planet because as far as they are concerned, I am an astronaut. Who can make coconut macaroons.


Today we all went sledding/snowboarding/skiing. I still ski on my bum. But I have come to terms with this.


I saved Thomas from frostbite by sending all the blood to his cheeks.


Me and Micah! We're real Alaskan. Carharts and fur.


No comments:

Post a Comment