Friday, September 11, 2009

College so far..

Come to think of it, I did start this blog so I could keep updates on college..or prove to mom that I really am learning, whatever. (Haha, and I prove that by procrastinating on homework && working on my blog??) College so far has been pretty peachy, the school year will be divided up into lots of little segments like Prep Cook, A la Carte, Menu Planning etc..I just finished the Survsafe section, which is basically all about kitchen safety, how to not food poison people etc...

Exam at 8:00 this morning, then no class the rest of the day. What a lovely feeling. Generally I have Survsafe (or whatever comes next) from 8:00 till 10:00, Culinary math from 10:15 till 11:30, lunch from 11:30 till 12:30, and Culinary lab (where they actually set us loose in the kitchen) from after lunch till my instructor gets tired of talking or running around correcting our meager freshman water boiling skills.

There's lots of interesting people around here, small school so finding a niche and friends wasn't too hard. Lots of rednec...er...kids from small towns here. And...at least one pirate. We're all about diversity here at AVTEC.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your fairly busy! So they're teaching you how NOT to scald water? That's pretty impressive IF you are learning. Rednecks and hillbillies? Sounds like my kind of school! Pirate? Awesome. Jesse and Josiah asked me if I would be a pirate with them if they got their own ship and crew. AVTEC? Talia and Gabi have played basketball against them before.

    ReplyDelete