Friday, August 20, 2010

Thoughts on the Irony of being Mugged by a Mug.

As you may have noticed from previous posts, I occasionally have a problem with the proper handling of knives, cheese graters, king crab claws and other sharp objects, not excluding my temper. My narrative today, however, borders on the ridiculous. Unlike other accidents, I was neither in a hurry, nor reaching into a place where misplaced knives may lie. There was no lack of skill nor common sense involved.


I was merely turning a mug upside down. You may deduce from the photos exactly what occured.


Among my various amputationary mistakes of the past are the following.
1.) Incorrect holding of a cheese grater.
2.) Talking while chopping.
3.) Not using the correct tomato slicer.
4.) Stupidity.
I would be much obliged if someone could please enlighten me as to the correct procedure for safely inverting a coffee mug.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Darling, my suggestion would be to not use the handle, those things are to small for your big hands, you clearly shoved ur hand into it, not knowing ur own emmaculate strength, and popped the handle right off, and almost took off your pinky!
    Love you! haha!

    ReplyDelete