Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Of Boys and Bumpers.

Hang around Alaska Magic Mountain sled shop long enough- or even for just 6 hours- and you will learn a surprising variety of things. Stuff I learned today:


1.) I'm lucky if I can keep my vehicle in running order, but boys are determined to spend hours modifying perfectly decent equipment. Hence, Cooper's front bumper is now a viable apponent toward most objects: foreign hotwheel cars, moose, double wide trailers and possibly Mt. Rushmore.

2.) Stitches do not have to be removed by a doctor. In fact, a grumpy sled mechanic can do it on a greasy work bench with a razor blade and/or clippers.

3.) The same batch of pasta can be served in more than 8 different ways to accomodate picky eaters.

4.) I accomplish crosswords at a rate of about 1 every 3 hours.

5.) Household birds are louder than dogs, small children being pinched, car alarms, and southern gospel choirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment