Saturday, October 10, 2009

Notes to Self

As I've said before, not all knowledge is from books. I've never found a book titled "Common sense for dummies". I may have to write one. Because as I've come across tidbits of common sense that hadn't occurred to me, I've been writing them on notecards and sticking them on my door. Here's a few.
PS: Be sure to buy my book.

#1- Note to self: Jellyfish are extremely slippery. Like Crisco of the Sea.

#2- Note to self: If you put a fishing hook in your pocket, don't forget.

#3- Note to self: Backward glances before shooting pool are entirely optional. You might be sparing the world from the children of whatever idiot happens to be standing behind you.

#4- Note to self: Time does not heal everything. Not cavities anyway.

#5- Note to self: If hungry enough, cold oatmeal can be reasonably digested. However, not even a Cambodian refugee would eat the stuff frozen, much less a college student.

#6- Note to self: If you live in a school with 150 males, chances are at least one of them knows how to fix your fridge and at least 140 of them are willing to try.

#7- Note to self: 5 hours is much too long to spend making tomato sauce.

#8- Note to self: Going running in the gym when you have the stomach flu is a bad idea. Bad idea being defined as making enemies with the janitor.

#9- Note to self: Nyquil makes life peachy. Too peachy.

#10- Note to self: Close your windows before passing out. Rain does not always confine itself to falling vertically...

More to come, knowledge is continually bombarding my life lately...

1 comment: