Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feb 6, 2011

*Today, I made bread sticks to rival all bread sticks. Light and fluffy and garlicky and melt in your mouth and stick-to-your-hips-forever good, I was forced to make a hasty retreat from work to resist them.

*I was going to take a nap, but there was something about the rapidly dwindling daylight that tied my shoes to my feet and shoved me out the door. Running in the dark is so much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, because when the passerby can not see your sweaty pink face, fists clenched to offset frostbite and open mouth gasping for air, a runner can actually appear rather graceful. Perhaps it is the ego boost that makes evenings runs seem like more of an accomplishment.

*How on earth does a person acquire a nickname like Tinkerbell?

 *I spend too much of my time fearing the unknown, thinking about the "what if" factor, and these fears cause me to spiral into an attitude of just surviving each day, not trying, just getting by. This morning in my quiet time I read "The complacency of fools destroys them; but whoever listens to me (wisdom, in Proverbs) will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster." And it made me think, I don't want to be a fool. If complacent people are fools, I will not be complacent. The opposite of complacency is diligence and passion, and I want to apply the energy of that to everything I do. And how appropriate is it that the benefits of setting aside complacency would be peacefulness and security?

No comments:

Post a Comment